Chain Sync (AVAX) (draft)
Every blockchain has a different approach to the Proof of Stake, and every approach requires a different solution to be found.
Currently, there are some implementations that are used to solve chain-specific problems of Avalanche blockchains. These are mostly related to the multi-chain structure of the chain.
With this improvement we are aiming to achieve two things:
- 1.Eliminate chain-specific differences between Portal deployments on Avalanche and Ethereum.
- 1.Makes development processes easier, allowing us to provide more frequent improvements on the protocol without considering differences within code.
- 2.Makes onboarding of protocols on different blockchain easier.
- 2.Increase trustlessness of the Node Operators.
- 1.Allows us to onboard more Operators.
- 2.Allows us to decrease costs for Operators.
- 3.Strengthens Portal.
- Comets are coming to Avalanche.
- Multiple interfaces supported for a Planet.
- Improving Maintainer experience, such as "initiators".
- withdrawalBoost and signaling logic.
- Allowence logic instead of activationExpiration.
- Increase trustlessness with pre-signed transactions with limited functionalities, provided by the Telescope.
- Buffer logic when updating the pricePerShare.
- Adding subUintForId and addUintForId functions to DataStoreUtils, as well as converting it to an internal library, like it is being used in the Portal-Ether.
- Weighted Senate Elections and Permissionless Planets are coming to Avalanche as well.
Geode is designed to be as trustless as possible.
Thus, we made the g-derivatives unupgradable. We can not include some improvements such as "avoiders"...