- Invalid validator proposal.
- Not withdrawing validator funds before the expected exit time.
- Not routing the block rewards, or MEV rewards to the Withdrawal Contract.
The Prison Sentence for any of these infractions is 14 days.
In the case that a Node Operator with a good track record is imprisoned for an honest mistake, Governance can bail out the imprisoned Operator early.
Geode Governance can also imprison a Node Operator from the Marketplace, which is indefinitely effective.
What happens when an operator is imprisoned?
- 1.Can not propose new validators.
- 2.Can not stake to beacon chain for previously accepted validator proposals.
- 3.Can not change their parameters such as fees, validatorPeriod...
- 4.Can not access to
wallet, effectively, can not claim their rewards.