Secure your MiniGovernance
Portal keeps the funds for every pool separated. MiniGovernances are here to ensure that even if the Portal fails, or the maintainer abandons the Pool, a staker can still unstake their funds.
To update the code of these contracts, Geode creates an upgrade proposal with TYPE 11 on Portal. When it is approved by the Senate, Maintainers are expected to catch the contract upgrades.
When the contract code is not upgraded, miniGovernances gets into IsolationMode.
When miniGovernance is in the IsolationMode:
- No more funds are staked through Portal.
- Operators are not able to create new validators.
- Stakers can unstake their tokens through MiniGovernance using withdrawal Queues.
Maintainers should also maintain the condition of their MiniGovernance:
- 1.Use a password to maintain full control as the contract's protector. However, this is completely up to you. If you are using a Token to maintain your pool, it is not advised to complicate things. However, if you are running pools for private entities, then it should not be a problem.
- 2.Be up to date with the contract upgrades. We will probably announce them, but don't forget to approve your proposals within the given 4 weeks period.
- 3.MiniGovernances has expiry dates, refresh your contract at least once a year by calling refreshSenate function. This way, we will identify if you abandoned the pool or not.